Re: 3ware 9000 Series SATA Raid and Fedora Core 2 ?

I guess that you can actually write a script to do this as the last task in the startup or at the appropriate start up point. So the script would contain exactly y what you have for command line steps.

This isn't the most elegant way, but it will surely work. I am sure that someone would probably have a better way to go.

Cheers,

	Aly.

Erwin Cloostermans wrote:
Here I'm again.

I still have some problems.

I did a fresh install from the cd images available as iso files (kernel
2.6.5-1.358)
I edited /etc/yum.conf (to download from a local mirror server instead of
the primary fedora server)
Updated my system with yum update to kernel 2.6.8-1.521

In /etc/modprobe.conf I replaced
	alias scsi_hostadapter1 3w-xxxx
With
	alias scsi_hostadapter1 3w-9xxx

In a terminal window I typed
	/sbin/modprobe -r 3w-xxxx
	/sbin/modprobe 3w-9xxx
To remove the old driver and load the new one

At that moment I'm able to see my raid disk as /dev/sdb
(The sata drive connected to the main board is /dev/sda)

In a terminal window I typed
	/sbin/mkinitrd -v -f /boot/initrd/2.6.8-1.521smp.img 2.6.6-1.521smp

But after a reboot the old driver 3w-xxxx is loaded again and /dev/sdb is
gone

In kernel startup log I see a message
3ware Storage Controller device driver for Linux v.1.26.00.039
3w-xxxx No cards found

I did this for both kernels: 2.6.8-1.521smp and 2.6.8-1.521

How can I make my Linux load the 3w-9xxx driver at startup instead of the
old 3w-xxxx ????

TIA, Erwin