RE: SCSI installations

To answer my own question...
 What I did was boot off the ide cdrom (primary master), press F2 at the FC2
boot: prompt.
Type in "boot: linux noprobe" - to prevent hardware detection.
The setup begins. It then tells me no harddisks were found, do I want to
specify or "add device".
I selected the SCSI controller from the list, in my case it is an Iwill
DU3160 which, if you rip the sticker off the main chip on the card, is a
qlogic ISP 12160 - which correlates to linux driver qlogic 12160 off the
list.
If in doubt as to which SCSI card to be buying, best bet is the adaptec
range, there seems to be a lot of support for them...
After selecting it there, I was able to partition and install successfully.

Just thought I would let the rest of you know, just incase it may make
someones SCSI attempts a little easier next time.

I also noticed that at the boot: prompt you can also type in "boot: linux
dd"
This is for manufacture supplied drivers. Didn’t try it, but may also help.

> >Thanks
> >Stuart
> >
> >---
> >

> >--