Re: Enlightenment

On Fri, 2004-10-01 at 00:35 +1200, Kiwi-Hawk wrote:
> When E starts up the Gnome background and desktop icons are still there
> and the E theme is
> messed up like something is running over the to or at the same time,..
> it's almost like Gnome is not
> releasing or swaping out totaly normaly when I load E it loads it own
> default desktop and background
> at hit point desktop I have in Gnome is still there trying to over write
> what eve E is loading.
>
> if it's ok I can attach a wee screen shot,.  say 640x480 so you can see
> not sure the group allows that tho

OK, we are not on the same page here. GNOME is a desktop environment and
Enlightenment a window manager. How did you get GNOME to run by
launching enlightenment?

Did you run switchdesk?
What does your ~/.Xclients-default look like?
Did you log out of GNOME and then log back in?

Running enlightenment whilst GNOME is running will only replace the
current window manager (metacity) and not the desktop environemnt GNOME.

--
Greg