Re: Lexar CF Card Reader USB 2.0 on FC1

On Thu, 2004-09-30 at 08:27, Mike Burger wrote:
> I can't speak to the Lexar units, but I'm using the SmartDisk 6-In-1
> reader with FC2.  The OS saw the unit right away, but I had to add:
>
> options scsi_mod max_luns=255
>
> to my /etc/modprobe.conf go get it to see all of the slots.
> --

Well, as to that, if I could get the reader not to crash the system (I
wonder whether it's an architectural mismatch--AMD Duron not quite being
an "athlon" or a "686"?), I would modify the kernel to "probe all LUN's
in any SCSI device." That's the solution to the multi-card-reader
problem that I heard elsewhere.

I suspect that my solution might have to wait until I can build a
machine based on a PIII or P4, where the kernel will match the
architectures. Weird--that the digital camera won't crash the system,
but the card reader does.

Temlakos