Re: What is the best one to play .mp3 .rm or .avi files?

Bao Cao wrote:
Hi Everyone,

Just start enjoying FC2, could anybody please
introduce some nice media players which can work on
.mp3, .rm, or .avi files? Thanks for any tips!

Best,
 BC

.mp3 playback is easy: you just need to install the necessary file called xmms-mp3. The details (in case you aren't familiar with the joys of using yum for software installation) are at this url:

http://www.fedorafaq.org/#installsoftware

Once you have yum configured, you can easily install the software with this command at a root prompt:

yum install xmms-mp3

For the video playback in a browser, hit this section:

http://www.fedorafaq.org/#browsermovies

where you can read that this command will do the trick (most of the time) for you:

yum install mplayerplug-in

Now about those .rm files -- someone else is going to have to help with that one! I've not had much success with either the Real Player for Linux or the Helix Player, but it's been a long time since I've tried either.

Hope this helps,
Clint