Re: PINE not included in FC2?

Greetings Filippos ,

Filippos Klironomos wrote:
Hello everybody,
something that I am curious about. I had installed PINE on my RH9
system and noticed that it didn't survive the FC2 upgrade. Is there a
specific reason for that?

apt-get install pine

does not find anything. I haven't tried 'yum' yet since I installed it
last night.

Well i have always enjoyed getting the last tarball from the Washinghton
University ( i have bookmarked the Web Page of Pine ) and installing it.
Apart from a couple of links to be added in the top level directory there is nothing more to do and the whole thing is quite straight forward. Other than that the Dag repository is another pretty good option.You can use either without fear, they will both work .
I currently have mozilla 1.7.3 and pine 4.61 on an FC1 machine .

Thanks Filippos

Kind Regards, Kostas