Re: nVidia Drivers

John Chapman wrote:
I have an nVidia FX5200 video card and I have downloaded its drivers
from nVidia.  When I try to run the installer it says I need to stop
the X Server.  How do I stop the X Server?

while logged in as root on a virtual terminal, switch to run-level 3

> telinit 3

when you're done installing the drivers and modifying the X config return to run-level 5

> telinit 5

Cheers

Adam