gdb problems

Help!

I have googled this and searched the fedora mailing list archives. I've checked bugzilla for fedora and gdb.

I am attempting to debug a large (1.2GB) mutithreaded C++ application on Fedora Core 2.

gdb is unable to set breakpoints in class methods contained in shared libraries. An error similar to "Cannot access memory at address 0x1b3ba" this is displayed by gdb. I have seen this question asked but never answered. Why?

Additionally gdb doesn't handle the symbol table well using a C++ namespace symbol in place of something more reasonable.

Are other people having more success?

begin:vcard
fn:Rob Shewan
n:Shewan;Rob
org:Advanced Acoustic Concepts
adr:;;425 Oser Avenue;Hauppauge;NY;11788;USA
title:Senior Software Engineer
tel;work:(631) 273-5700
tel;fax:(631) 273-5809
x-mozilla-html:TRUE