Re: to newcomers: please try to solve the problem yourself before asking

On Sun, 12 Sep 2004, Richard Whitney wrote:

> On Mon, 13 Sep 2004 00:34:49 -0500, Jeff Vian <jvian10@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > On Sun, 2004-09-12 at 10:04, Carroll Grigsby wrote:
> > > It might be helpful to add a link to the archives in the footer that is
> > > appended to every posting.
> > > -- cmg
> > >

> > It is actually there.

> > and the first link on that page..
> >
> And I'm really going to read the archives after wanting to leave the list!

Are you actually under the impression that the list management link is
simply to access the archives? Have you ever actually opened the link and
*read* it? What is the top entry? what is the bottom entry? What would
prompt you to say you would have to read the archives to unsubscribe? Are
you just getting your exercise by jumping to conclusions?

--
Bob Holtzman
 ......check the price of the beer!"