Re: Bug? FC2 hang when going to graphical progress screen

Neil Aggarwal wrote:
Hello:

I am getting frequent hangs when FC2 tries to start the
graphical progress screen.  This does not happen all
the time, but if I set the machine to runlevel
3, I have no problems at all.  I can even run startx
from the command line after logging in and have
no problems.

The machine has a SuperMicro P4SGE motherboard.
You can see more details at:
http://www.supermicro.com/products/motherboard/P4/845/P4SGE.cfm

Any ideas on how to diagnose this?

I can replicate it fairly often.

Thanks,
	Neil

I could not get to the supermicro link posted. By the url, it looks like a P4 using the 845 chipset. I had X problems with X versions before the current versions from CVS contained in the development directories for Fedora.
If you are using a computer with an 845 graphics card, you might try the CVS version to see if it works without the random lockups.

Jim