Re: Yum problems

Am Fr, den 10.09.2004 schrieb Joe(theWordy)Philbrook um 8:46:

Hi Joe :)

> Alexander, as one of the more knowledgeable people on this list, (and one
> who uses a detached gpg sig) I was hopping you would explain something
> to me about how to manually verify your sig... Because even when I add a
> nice utility like ez-pine-gpg v0.4c to pine, it can only deal with
> embedded sigs in the message body. And if I want to verify something
> sent with a detached sig, I'd have to do it outside the mail client.
> (I have imported your gpg key to my key ring, but it does not work for me)

[ ... ]

> Obviously I can't use this method to verify your sig. Does this mean
> that when gpg is integrated with a mail client that uses detached sigs,
> the message can only be verified by another gpg integrated mail client
> and not by the gpg command line tool. Or am I just doing it wrong?

What meanwhile Michael answered is the same I could say. The GPG signing
and validation takes care for any single modification. I confess the
situation with inline and detached sigs is not optimal. And I did not
"play" with plain text mail clients like mutt and GPG. Its on my growing
todo list ;)

Regards

Alexander

Fedora GNU/Linux Core 2 (Tettnang) kernel 2.6.8-1.521smp
Serendipity 16:54:53 up 11 days, 14:11, load average: 0.18, 0.18, 0.30