Re: Moving a Print Server from Solaris to Linux

Thank you Paiz,

I know about cups-lpd but the problem it doesn't work !!

I setuped it and I started xinet daemon and in the client side I put
in /etc/printcap :

optrac710:  <---- PRINTER NAME
        :mx#0:
        :sh:
        :sd=/var/spool/lpd/optrac710:
        :rm=tlc5:   <---- MY PRINT SERVER
        :rp=optrac710:

now when I try to print anything :
$ lpq -P optrac710
$
$ lpq -P optrac710
Printer: optrac710@Linux_Client221 (dest optrac710@localhost)
 Queue: 5 printable jobs
 Server: pid 2331 active
 Unspooler: pid 11526 active
optrac710@localhost at 14:41:24.390
 Rank   Owner/ID               Pr/Class Job Files                 Size Time
active root@Linux_Client221+258            A    82 /etc/printcap
   121 14:41:24
2      root@Linux_Client221+62             A   616 /etc/printcap
   126 14:41:24
3      raqaha@Linux_Client221+320          A   657 /etc/fstab
   937 14:41:24
4      root@Linux_Client221+514            A   167 /etc/fstab
   937 14:41:24
5      raqaha@Linux_Client221+171          A   127 /etc/fstab
   937 14:41:24
done   raqaha@Linux_Client221+171          A   126 /etc/fstab
   937 14:41:24
Error: loop in printcap- optrac710@Linux_Client221 -> optrac710@localhost

and I don't get any message in the server side

note: even if I do that in the server it doesn't work !!