From: fedora-list-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:fedora-list-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Matthew Saltzman
Sent: Tuesday, September 07, 2004 6:18 AM
To: For users of Fedora Core releases
Subject: Re: minicom for modem in FC2

On Mon, 6 Sep 2004, jim martin wrote:

> it is a modem on my HP laptop, the modem that it has
> is Agere Systems AC'97 modem.  I used the WMware to
> install Linux on my windows.  I feel it can detect my
> modem as it shows as ONLINE after I type in minicom in
> my Linux.  For example, if I type in minicom in a
> linux box without a modem, it will show as offline.
> The problem is I don't know how to connect to internet
> using minicom, after I type minicom, it come out a
> windows and I can't type any thing more about it

Wait, so you are running Linux in VMware under Windows?
I'm doing the opposite (Linux host, XP guest) and my virtual machine
doesn't even have a modem.  If this is what you are doing, then the way
connect to the Internet is to use Windows to establish the modem
connection and use VMware NAT networking to provide access to the VM.

--
		Matthew Saltzman

Clemson University Math Sciences
mjs AT clemson DOT edu