Re: sound in FC 2

<posted & mailed>

Thornton wrote:
> On Tue, 2004-09-07 at 04:23, Richard Whitney wrote:
>> I had to update alsa to the latest drivers - I have onboard AC97
>
> I had the latest drivers already.
>
> i went ahead and reinstalled alsa now but still nothing

try turning the volume up?  that one gets me everytime.  also, you don't
want to be using snd-intel8x0.  i find the sound quality very bad with that
driver.

go to nvidia.com, download the nforce2 drivers for linux.  shutdown X, run
the installer (don't forget to chmod 755 on it first).
open /etc/modprobe.conf, edit the line:
alias eth0 forcedeth
to:
alias eth0 nvnet

edit the line:
alias snd-card-0 snd-intel8x0
alias snd-card-0 nvsound

reboot your computer.  your volumes will all be set to zero.  i usually
startx and use kmix to turn up the volumes.

hope that helps.