Re: minicom for modem in FC2

jim martin wrote:
it is a modem on my HP laptop, the modem that it has
is Agere Systems AC'97 modem. I used the WMware to
install Linux on my windows. I feel it can detect my
modem as it shows as ONLINE after I type in minicom in
my Linux. For example, if I type in minicom in a
linux box without a modem, it will show as offline. The problem is I don't know how to connect to internet
using minicom, after I type minicom, it come out a
windows and I can't type any thing more about it

OK, if it is TRULY working, make sure Minicom is looking at the right modem device (ttyS0, ttyS1, ttyS2...).

If it really is working, you should ALWAYS be able to type "AT", hit enter, and the modem should respond with "OK".

If not, it is not working I'm afraid.

Regards,
Ed.