Re: Install Fedora Core 2

Ronald wrote:

When I try to boot from the 1st CD I downloaded nothing happens,

What does "nothing happens" mean? Please be specific:

1> The PC will not go past the BIOS screen.
2> The PC Starts booting the CD, then dies (what is on the screen if this is the case?)
3> The PC boots the hard drive instead of the CD.

We can only help when you tell us exactly what's going on.

the home dir of this CD from a Windows listing:
Name Type SRPMS File Folder
.discinfo DISCINFO File
eula.txt Text Document
GPL File
RPM-GPG_KEY File
RPM-GPG-KEY-beta File
RPM-GPG-KEY-fedora File
RPM-GPG-KEY-fedora-rawhide File
RPM-GPG-KEY-fedora-test File
RPM-GPG-KEY-rawhide File
TRANS.TBL TBL File

That looks incomplete to me.

Since the first disc does not appear to be a bootable cd I have created the restore and boot cd's to boot up RecHat.

The first CD is most certainly bootable if it's downloaded and burned properly. Something is wrong.

However when I reboot
with either CD I get to the installation window asking for the Fedora Core CD and get the following message:
"The Fedora Core CD was not found in any of your CDROM drives. Please insert the Fedora Core CD and press OK to retry."

OK, first thing you need to do is run an MD5SUM against the .ISO files to make sure you don't have a dud download. Please try the archives again. This has been discussed as late as yesterday.

Regards,
Ed.