Re: Want to Remove Empty Applications Folder from Gnome Menu

Jo O'Connor wrote:
On Sunday 05 September 2004 18:09, Dexter Ang wrote:

Sounds very familiar when I installed Opera rpm. Try and check in
/etc/X11/applnk/ and see if there's anything there. If there is stuff
in there that seems to look like the extra menu items you're seeing,
maybe try and move them out first, then run killlall gnome-panel to
reload it. And see if the menus are still there. If not, then I'm of
no help at all.  =)

dex

I don't know if that helps the original poster, but it sure helps me. It's been bugging me for ages about having two Opera icons.

Cheers

I haven't got anything in my /etc/X11/applnk:

[charshaw@simba applnk]$ pwd
/etc/X11/applnk
[charshaw@simba applnk]$ ls -a
.  ..
[charshaw@simba applnk]$

But keep those ideas coming -- I'm eager to fix this thing!

Clint