Re: YUM do I really have to run yum twice ?

Michael Schwendt wrote:

On Thu, 02 Sep 2004 21:17:46 +0200, Hans Christian Studt wrote:

Hi,

I seems like I always have to run yum twice in order to have packages downloaded and installed. The first run will only download the headers.
When I run the second time it will download the missing packages and install them.

Is this how it is supposed to work ?

---------------------
(/etc) #yum -y update
Server: Fedora Core 2 - i386 - Base
Server: Fedora Core 2 - i386 - Released Updates
Finding updated packages
Downloading needed headers
gaim-1-0.82-0.FC2.i386.hd 100% |=========================| 20 kB 00:05
samba-common-0-3.0.6-2.fc 100% |=========================| 11 kB 00:02
krb5-devel-0-1.3.4-6.i386 100% |=========================| 11 kB 00:02
samba-client-0-3.0.6-2.fc 100% |=========================| 10 kB 00:02
samba-0-3.0.6-2.fc2.i386. 100% |=========================| 31 kB 00:08
mc-1-4.6.0-17.fc2.i386.hd 100% |=========================| 12 kB 00:05
krb5-libs-0-1.3.4-6.i386. 100% |=========================| 8.8 kB 00:06
krb5-workstation-0-1.3.4- 100% |=========================| 12 kB 00:04
krb5-server-0-1.3.4-6.i38 100% |=========================| 10 kB 00:02
samba-swat-0-3.0.6-2.fc2. 100% |=========================| 24 kB 00:06
Resolving dependencies

Did it terminate or did you terminate it? Try using the debug mode to watch what is happening. The resolving dependencies takes some time so maybe (? just) the system is timing out or you are canceling it. The debug that should help show this is:

 (/etc) #yum -d 5 -y update

HTH