Verizon DSL

 Hi,

Last night, I installed Fedora CORE 2 over my Xandros2 partition.  (I was
dual booting Xandros and XP.)  The installation went flawlessly.  It
recognized the Xandros partition as Linux and gave me the option of
overwriting only that part of the disk.  I can now boot into Fedora or XP.
No problems.  Nice job!

Now, I'm a bit spoiled with Xandros.  But, Fedora seems quite usable to
me...with just one issue.

I cannot access the internet.  I use Verizon's DSL service connected through
the Ethernet port.  When I use the connection wizard, it detects
"eth0(RTL-8139/8139C/8139C+)."  Then I get a message, "Cannot activate
network device VerizonDSL!"

However, when I log out and shut down, part of the dialog on the screen is
as follows:

Shutting down VerizonDSL........OK

Shutting down VerizonDSL........FAILED

I know that Verizon does not support Linux.  Is there some way of getting
access to the net with Fedora?

Thank you!

-Joe G.

---