Re: Newbie & Questions

Thanks for all the replies. The boot menu did indeed have the new
kernel listed, but when I reboot I usually get up, watch tv, get a
snack, switch to my other PC, etc, and don't pay much attention.
Thanks for the grub.conf info, I will be sure to do that right away.

I was able to simply change the default mozilla icon on the bar to
point to firefox, but for some reason my profiles don't work too well.
Every time I try to edit my settings, it won't allow me to click the
"ok" button to save them, I have to cancel out.

Should I install Firefox while logged in as root or doesn't it make
any difference?

Thanks again, this is a very informative and helpful mailing list.

Greg