Re: yum on a dial up with 2 hour limit

Sam Tygier wrote:
> yum on a dial up with 2 hour limit
>
> this limits to about 20mb

Commiserations.

> i know its possible to download the rpm with something like gftp or wget
> and put them in the right folder, but this is a bit of a hassle.

Use yum check-update to see what's available.

Try yum update $PACKAGENAME to just update one package plus dependencies.

To the best of my knowledge, you're most likely to get caught on kernel,
glibc, or x.org updates. If you can't get them in the time limit, then
you might have to do wget on those.

Bad luck.

James.

--
E-mail address: james | If infinite rednecks fired infinite shotguns at an
@westexe.demon.co.uk  | infinite number of road signs, they'd eventually