Re: yum on a dial up with 2 hour limit

On Wed, Sep 01, 2004 at 12:30:14AM +0100, Sam Tygier wrote:
> Date: Wed, 01 Sep 2004 00:30:14 +0100
> From: Sam Tygier <samtygier@xxxxxxxxxxx>
> To: "fedora-list@xxxxxxxxxx" <fedora-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
> Subject: yum on a dial up with 2 hour limit
>
> yum on a dial up with 2 hour limit
>
> this limits to about 20mb
>
> i know its possible to download the rpm with something like gftp or wget
> and put them in the right folder, but this is a bit of a hassle.
>
> any ideas?

Do file an RFE against yum and company to do reget type things if the
file is 'short'.   I have lost count of the number of times yum and
up2date time out and the local chunk fails the checksum test.  Then
a new download is started.   Fixing this could help the load on mirrors
and should be done...

For now use.

  Wget - The non-interactive network downloader.

   If the server supports regetting, it will instruct the server to
   continue the download from where it left off.

--
	T o m  M i t c h e l l
	Just say no to 74LS73 in 2004