Re: USB Flash Disk + data not sync'ed during unload

Ow Mun Heng said:
> Guys,
>
> 	this is causing data curruption. I'm using Gnome + FC2 and wondering
> why the act of umounting the drive does not call the "sync" before it's
> marked as unmounted?

Could it be that someone changed the "unmount" in Gnome to actually be an
"umount -l"? I have read somewhere that this is the "recommended way of
unmounting hot-pluggable storage" but I really can't follow the rational
as I believe this will not sync data. I understand that there's an issue
with Nautilus (?) accessing the storage and disallowing unmounts, but I
believe the fix is rather to re-start Nautilus than to unplug the device
without a proper umount...