Re: Certified Linux Laptop

I'm using a Dell 600M as well. Works great with FC2. My only concern is that I got it with the ATI Radeon M9 card... and it just seems there's overall less support in the linux gaming community for ATI. For instance... cedega (winex) has all kinds of posts and complaints about support for ATI, and whilte it's on their to-do list (which you can vote for)... there's no date set for when they're going to work on it. I upgraded from an Inspiron 8000 which I had running FC1... but it had an nVidia video card and there just seemed to be less work involved in gaming. So if you had the choice, I'd go with the nVidia card, even though I really do like ATI. But just my opinion and if you don't game alot...

Everything else works nicely... including the ipw2100 card.

-Darren

Lotsa Cabo wrote:

I am looking to purchase a new laptop to use for Linux development on FC2. My requirements are...

>= 1.5 GHz
>= 1.0 GB
>= 60 GB HD
>= 1200 x 1024 NATIVE resolution
CD-RW/DVD-ROM (minimum)
Wireless (11Mb or 54Mb), 10/100/1000 NIC, sound, USB 2.0, PCMCIA
Bluetooth would be nice
Flawless functionality with FC2 and/or RH9

Any "tried and true" suggestions?

Thanx,
Ryan

Tired of spam? Signup for a *FREE* *SpamJammer.Com* account and say goodbye to junk email forever!