Re: mashita dvd/cdr drive denies FC2 cdrom is FC2 cdrom

Simon,

Simon Tierney wrote:
I would very much like to install fc2 on my new laptop but after I boot to
the first ISO I burned, and specify the language and keyboard type,
installation stalls because FC2 sys:-

"The Fedora Core CD was not found in any of your CDROM drives."  Pleas
insert....

Can any one explain this phenomenon / how to overcome it?

Is your DVD/CD drive is an extrernal one? I had the same with a Dell D400. I was only able to install over NFS because after FC2 took over the control of my Laptop during install, the DVD was lost.

Might be a lack of the drivers in the kernel?!

Alex