Re: yum did a silent update of gimp to 2.0?

On Sunday 29 August 2004 23:22, John Thompson wrote:
>Gene Heskett wrote:
>> I had been carefully NOT installing the gimp-2.0, primarily
>> because gimp-print has not kept pace and I WAS useing use the
>> gimp-1.2 to print most of my digital photo's.  It did a great job
>> of that.
>>
>> Imagine my surprise when I hit the icon for the gimp today to see
>> about the quality of an invoice scan I was about to send, and was
>> greeted by the gimp-2.0 initial installer/configurator!
>>
>> So now I cannot print from the gimp.  Is it going to take another
>> year to get gimp-print brought up to speed with the new gimp?
>>
>> Or did I miss an announcement of a gimp-print thats compatible
>> with gimp-2.0?
>
>I never knew gimp-2 wasn't supposed to be compatible with
> gimp-print. It seems to work fine here using gimp-2.04 and
> gimp-print-4.2 anyway.

On the gimp-print list, one of the things right up front was that the
4.2 series would never work with gimp-2.0, hence the currently
testing gimp-print-5.0-beta2 (which will not compile here)

gimp-print-4.2.6 was working right nice here, till the gimp got
updated...

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)