Re: yum did a silent update of gimp to 2.0?

Gene Heskett wrote:

I had been carefully NOT installing the gimp-2.0, primarily because gimp-print has not kept pace and I WAS useing use the gimp-1.2 to print most of my digital photo's. It did a great job of that.

Imagine my surprise when I hit the icon for the gimp today to see about the quality of an invoice scan I was about to send, and was greeted by the gimp-2.0 initial installer/configurator!

So now I cannot print from the gimp. Is it going to take another year to get gimp-print brought up to speed with the new gimp?

Or did I miss an announcement of a gimp-print thats compatible with gimp-2.0?

I never knew gimp-2 wasn't supposed to be compatible with gimp-print. It seems to work fine here using gimp-2.04 and gimp-print-4.2 anyway.

--

-John (john@xxxxxxxxxxx)