Re: advansys scsi == ouch

Gene Heskett wrote:

On Friday 27 August 2004 23:02, Les Mikesell wrote:

On Fri, 2004-08-27 at 20:27, John McBride wrote:

What was
advansys thinking when they dropped the ball on kernel 2.6?
(rhetorical question).

Maybe something like 'an operating system that changes the driver
api's yearly will never catch on'?

Probably not. But I find it strange that no one has pointed out that advansys themselves have been no more for what, 5 years now? To expect a company to support their product 5 years after their demise in the inevitable silicon valley money laundering is a bit unrealistic.

Well I did mention they have been sold twice in four years. They currently go by the name of "initio.com", which has the drivers available for download and the cards for sale online.

---
John

PS: interesting bit about the technical superiority. I bet there are some amazing stories about PCI and ISA bus nightmares floating around in the hardware circles.