FC1 works fine but unable to install FC2

Sent this yesterday but it didn't seem to go through:

I am trying to install FC2 on a computer that previously was running FC1. I downloaded the 4 iso images, burned them to CD's, verified that both the iso files and ther CD's were good.

When I run the install, I tell it to skip the mediacheck. The install hangs for about 30 secs and then gives me the followiing error:

[<c028007b>] copy_to_user_tmp/+0xe0/0x10f

Code: 0f b6 10 40 89 03 89 51 04 83 e2 0f 83 fa 08 8b 53 1c 74 12

install exited abnormally
<7>serio: kseriod exiting

So....it did that about 4 times. The system would still boot into FC1 but wouldn't run the FC2 install. I then decided to force the issue and deleted all the partitions on the HD. Tried the install again and this time it ran past the part where I told it which packages to include (in a custoom install) and got to the "checking dependencies" part when, you guessed it, install exited abnormally.

I have now tried to run the install 11 more times and it is always right back at the first error message. It never even starts to run anaconda. I have deleted partitions, reformatted the drive and then deleted partitions. Nothing helps. It quites right after I tell it to skip the media check.

I am learning to hate FC2 with a passion. I've never had so much trouble on a basic OSD install. I am seriouslu considering just using Sun's Java Desktop (which I own and had running on this before switching to fedora.).

Any suggestions?

Bill Kirchner