Re: printing to XP

--- Gary Stainburn <gary.stainburn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> On Friday 27 Aug 2004 5:54 am, Lewi Kristianto
> wrote:
> > Hi too,
> >
> > I'm just curious that is there any open
> > source/commercial windows software to receive raw
> > files from network then print as normal, so there
> is
> > no
> > different between if the printer is GDI or not
> > or is cups can running on cygwin?
>
> You keep saying 'Raw' files.  What do you mean by
> raw?
raw? from general driver in redhat-config-network

> I doubt very much that there's anything out there to
> just sit and listen on
> the network for print requests.
maybe there is some version cups-lite, that run on
windows that can receive files from linux, then
throw to windows printer driver to process it,
because there is limited windows computer, so
maybe it can be used for printer gateway to printer
that not yet supported in linux

or maybe is there any suggestion for write this apps
what documentation that I should read about?
(specification that cups need)

> I've just looked at Adobe acrobat and it doesn't
> look like it wants to accept
> command line arguments to print etc., so I don't
> know hu you'd get it into a
> batch routine either.
_______
MERGE
_______
> I did this myself in the oposite direction to allow
> Windows PCs to create PDF
> files.  There should be no difference doing it this
> way.  Anyway, doesn't
> acroread read postscript files anyway?
is that meant, that linux document need to sent in
sharing directory in windows "samba"?

cut