Re: mounting cds still not possible

On Fri, 2004-08-27 at 04:33, Mike G wrote:
> /etc/grub.conf does not have any reference to ide-scsi.
> lsmod does not show ide-scsi as a loaded module in the kernel.
> /dev/cdwriter points to /dev/hdc
> /dev/cdrom points to /dev/hdc
>
> I have updated Kernel to 2.6.8.  Still no success.
>
> I used cdrecord to burn the fedora 2 cds which I then used to install
> fedora 2.  Everything went fine with the install (fresh install from FC
> 1).  I also backed up bzipped tar files by burning on to cds. [Command
> was cdrecord -v- eject speed=4 dev=0,0,0 thefilename]

If that's how you burned the CD you won't be able to mount it. Mounting
a CD requires having a filesystem on it (usually an ISO one made using
mkisofs) but if you've just burned the tarball straight to the CD then
you'll probably need to just tar the files back off it:

tar tvfj /dev/cdrom   (list files)
tar xvfj /dev/cdrom   (extract files)

Paul.
--