RE: Rpmbuild question

On Thu, 26 Aug 2004, Thomas E. Dukes wrote:

> OK,
>
> I thought I had this worked out but its not building a binary rpm.  I thinks
> its bombing out.
>
> Here's the message:
>
> /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lmysqlclient
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> make: *** [proftpd] Error 1
> Error: Bad exit status from /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.22654 (%build)
>
> User machbuild does not exist - using root
> Group machbuild does not exist - using root
>  (repeats about 6 times)
>
> Bad exit status from /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.22654 (%build)
>
> I don't think it can find mysqlclient but I may be wrong.  I located it at
> /usr/lib/mysql

Is it possible that you used --nodeps to have it continue ? Because the
SPEC file actually already takes care of it:

	%{?_with_mysql:Requires: mysql}
	%{?_with_mysql:BuildRequires: mysql-devel, zlib-devel}

This will make sure that if you specify --with mysql, it will fail if you
don't have the BuildRequires installed.

If you want to learn to build or rebuild packages, please take a look and
try to understand the contents of the SPEC file. It really isn't hard and
it will save you quite a lot of time trying to get things done :)

Kind regards,
--   dag wieers,  dag@xxxxxxxxxx,  http://dag.wieers.com/   --