Re: cracking winmodem issues in FC2

Hi,
I am running slmdm-2.9.7 and it works fine for me. Are you starting it with the -a option, as I understand that is required due to ALSA included in 2.6 kernels. There is a thread about this from a couple of months ago (Apr May -- I think) Does your slamr module load?

My /etc/sysconfig/slmodemd looks like this
SLMODEMD_DEVICE="slamr0"
SLMODEMD_OPTS="-a"
PERMS=666

I set the perms that way so I a normal user could use the modem. - Yeah I know that's wrong but...

Andrew

Gabriel Mititica wrote:

My Toshiba Softmodem AMR

I have a Toshiba Satellite 1800 with a Toshiba Software Modem AMR too (V.90 Data +Fax). I tried to get the slmdm-2.9.9 working without any success.

I'm wondering if this specification is known to be
working or not:

********************************

Modem inf section: ALI_AMR.Modem
Vendor ID: 10B9
Device: 5450

It's on ALi Audio Accelerator WDM Driver (COM3)

(this is what windows says about it)

Regards and thanks,
GAbriel

PS: It compiled fine but it doesn't want to fire up.