Spanish keyboard

Message: 12
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2004 18:52:39 -0400
From: Preston <grammaton_cleric@xxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Spanish Characters in Abiword
To: For users of Fedora Core releases <fedora-list@xxxxxxxxxx>

El Jueves, 26 de Agosto de 2004 05:34 PM, Michael A. Peters escribi:

> > Is your keyboard correctly configured for spanish? I wrote a whole
book
> > in abiword, in spanish of course, using an USA keyboard.
>
> I haven't got a clue.
> What do I need to do in order to set it up for spanish? Is there a
> foreign support package I need to install or something? Text file
> somewhere? Control panel? Google is not helping me :(
>
> Maybe I'm searching incorrectly.
I think you dont need any extra package, just configure your X to use
english
keyboard with deadkeys or something. Sorry, but as i usually do it
during
install, I dont know how to change later.
. . . . .

One easy way of doing that is to select the "US English with dead keys"
keyboard where ",',and ~ are "dead keys: they work only after you type
another key.

That arrangement has one disadvantage; if you want to type "" or ''you
need to press those keys AND the space bar. That takes a little getting
used to.

Richard Schmitt

Richard Schmitt
65 Tory Fort Lane