Re: parted

Marc wrote:
Good evening.

I use Fedora Core 2 and I try to use parted to modify my partitions.

But when I try to run in a prompt...

[ marc@jupiter marc]$ su Password: [ root@jupiter marc ] # parted bash: parted: command not found [ root@jupiter marc ] #

I don't see anything in the manual which can help me.

After a research, I have the program in /sbin and the files in
/usr/include/parted.

Would somebody have an idea ?

Thanks.

You didn't ask, but you might want to read http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-parted/2004-05/msg00048.html
if you plan on resizing an ext2 or ext3 partition -- or for that matter, before creating an ext2 or ext3 partition that you might want to resize in the future.
I recently spent more time than I like to admit, fighting this one, cluttering up this maiking list in the bargain.

--
When a man knows he is to be hanged in a fortnight, it concentrates his
mind wonderfully.