Re: rsync (ssh) a fedora mirror

You need to create ssh keys for your authentication.Then deploy the key in the two servers. You need to consult the "Quick Logins with ssh Client Keys "
http://hacks.oreilly.com/pub/h/66

Khaja
alain volmat <avolmat@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
I'm trying to use rsync over ssh to synchronise my
server with one of fedora mirror.
The problem is very simple actually, I'm being asked
for a password (ssh password on the fedora mirror),
which of course I don't have.
My question is: are there any "anonymous" ssh
rsync fedora mirror that I could use ?
Or maybe I just miss some important point concerning
ssh ...

I know that my problem would be solved by just using
rsync over rsh, but I have no choice but to use a
socksified ssh.

Alain