Re: rsync (ssh) a fedora mirror

On Wed, 2004-08-25 at 07:33, alain volmat wrote:

> thanks for your advice. Unfortunately, I guess this
> solution only work in the case I have an account on
> both machine, which is not the case since I'm trying
> to login to one of the fedora mirrors (I don't have
> account on any of those servers). That is why I was
> looking for something like an anonymous account but
> via SSH.

Some mirrors allow rsync access by running rsync
in daemon mode instead of under rsh or ssh.  In
this case you must use 2 colons after the hostname
and the path may not match the filesystem exactly.
You can test this with 'rsync site::'  and if
you get back a list of exported modules, explore
them with 'rsync site::module/path/'.  If you
omit the local target you will just get a listing
back from the remote.

---
  Les Mikesell
   les@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx