Re: Problems with Nvidia nvsound module

On Tue, 2004-08-24 at 16:10, Michael Schwendt wrote:
> On Tue, 24 Aug 2004 14:32:27 +0100, Nick Pierpoint wrote:
>
> > After booting I get no sound.
> >
> > If I run system-config-soundcard I then get sound (although no changes
> > to /etc/modprobe.conf).
> >
> > If I then reboot, I get no sound again.
> >
> > I'm losing the configuration somewhere.
>
> Okay, try the following. Cut out the "class: AUDIO" block from
> /etc/sysconfig/hwconf, then run /usr/sbin/kudzu as root user.  That should
> detect your soundcard again and give the chance to configure it.

I deleted the AUDIO blocks and ran kudzu again. It put identical blocks
back. One for snd-intel8x0 and one for nvsound (remembering that nvsound
isn't installed anymore - must be a remnant somewhere).

Unfortunately no difference. Still have to run system-config-soundcard
each time I boot.

Also notived a happy side effect that although the system sounds and
xmms work fine (once I've re-run s-c-c), the cd player (gnome-cd) is
silent. I've looked at alsamix and gnome-volume-control and both refect
each other and seem ok.

--
nick