Re: Cron useage question

D. D. Brierton wrote:

On Mon, 2004-08-23 at 04:12, Timothy Payne wrote:

Is it me or did I see a GUI setup for tasks in FC2?  At the time I
thought it was for Cron but didn't have a job for it, now I do but
couldn't find what I thought I saw.

The application is kcron. Although I use GNOME, it (and k3b) is one of
the few KDE applications I regularly use. In GNOME its available under
Main Menu -> System Tools -> Task Scheduler, assuming you have installed
it.

There is a gnome gui for cron available:

http://www.cs.duke.edu/~reynolds/gat/index.html

It works for me, and comes up a lot faster than kcron if you're not using the k desktop.

--

-John (john@xxxxxxxxxxx)