Re: Trying out schedulers

On Mon, 23 Aug 2004, Brian Fahrlander wrote:

The only one I know about now is elevator=deadline, but that not only got me nowhere, I think it's the IO scheduler, not cpu.

that's certainly correct -- r. love has a short section on I/O schedulers in his book, "Linux Kernel Development", which talks about I/O schedulers like the linus elevator, deadline I/O scheduler and anticipatory I/O scheduler. i suspect that's not the info that you really wanted, though.

rday