LPRng-style printer spec with CUPS?

Hi folks,

	For years, I've been deploying machines with empty printcap
files, and letting users specify the printer like this:

	lpr -P printer1@printserver file.ps

(Or, if they setenv PRINTER to "printer1@printserver" they
can just type "lpr file.ps".)  This worked great with LPRng, but now
I'm playing around with FC2, which uses CUPS, and trying to figure
out how to accomplish the same thing.

	The CUPS version of lpr doesn't seem to allow me to specify
the print queue and server on the command line.  Is there a way to
do this?

						Thanks,
						Bryan

Bryan Wright                |"If you take cranberries and stew them like
Physics Department          | applesauce, they taste much more like prunes
University of Virginia      | than rhubarb does."  --  Groucho
Charlottesville, VA  22901  |
(434) 924-7218              |         bryan@xxxxxxxxxxxx