Re: xine stops playing this web radio

Barry Yu wrote:

I used to play this web radio (www.kdfc.com) with xine becase only xine can play it ( Maybe there are other ways I
don't know how to). Since a sponsor's message added as an open short speech before you can listen to the program
xine fails to work anymore, here is what happens in fc2 and fc1;
when I click to listen, the popup window prompts for choosing a program to play it and I always fill in /usr/bin/xine, and this works fine for a while.
Now when I do the same, the Xine error message pop up window appearing " The following components are required : asx.
I close this pop up and the other pop up shows " There is no demuxer plugin available to handle 'mms://kdfc.com/new/audio/kaiser.wma'. Usually this means that the file format was not recognized"

Barry, try this:

http://www.geocities.com/majormms/

Found it in about 5 seconds using google. It talks about plugins needed for xine to play .asx files, and you don't have the plugin listed above, so I'm assuming this could be your problem.

There's also heaps of other links I could give you, but you can get them yourself as well simply by typing "xine asx plugin" into google.

Regards,
Ed.