Re: GAIM on FC2

I find gaim under "Gnome foot">Internet>IM.  If you are trying to
install a more recent version of GAIM (it was updated a few days ago),
then you need to use the upgrade flag for rpm...

# rpm --upgrade gaim-0.81-1.FC2.rpm

To find out what version of gaim you already have installed, you can
query for it...

# rpm --query gaim

If you don't use GNOME,   AND you can't find an ICON for it... the
executable should be installed under /usr/bin/gaim.  So you could run
gaim from a terminal window, or from a "Run" menu item (depending on
your choice of desktop manager).

Good luck,
Gary Allen Vollink
--
Admin/User of Fedora Core 2 for a week.
Admin/User of RedHat EL ES v 3 for 7 months.

Beri, Rohit wrote:

everytime i try to install GAIM using rpm -i xxxx, I get the message
that it already installed. Since then I have rebooted the machine but am
unable to find any Icon for the same or locate the path where it got
installed.

any thoughts...

thanks,

-B