Sound Problem

To How It May Concern,

I have Fedora 2, when installed it configured my sound as es-1371, my sound card is a Creative Sounblaster 128 (New).

The problem I have is that I can hear sound, but it has a lot of noise. I have used different speaker attachments to check the external connection but its still is has noise.

with the same hardware under Red hat 7.3 (standard, out of the box installation) worked fine.

Has anyone had the same trouble, should I update ALSA or go back to the sound engine RH 7.3 used?

Thank's,

Jason Cole