Re: fedora core 2 problem with 1gb swap space.

listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx said the following on 20/08/2004 10:24:
Hi i have tried to install fedora core 2 on a machine that has 1gb of ram, when
it tries to turn on the swap the machine hangs, so i decided to create 600mb of
swap, but i wish to know if it's possible to have 1gb of space or more.

Try booting to run level 3. In my experience, after the swap message the graphical boot starts. I have worked on a lot of machines that "hang" there while the OS tries to get X started.

Once you are in run level three start X with "startx" and look at the
log to see what the problem is.

-- Redmond, we have a problem.