FC2 X crashes after remote nmap

I'm running FC2 on a DELL GX240 with the latest yum updates (as of 20th Aug 2004) and I've found that if I do a remote nmap against this machine X crashes. The nmap returns normally but the workstation either "freezes" or crashes out of X altogether. When the machine "freezes" it's possible to ssh into it and "telinit 3" then "telinit 5" to restart X but from the keyboard the machine looks dead. Sometime X dies completely and the machine goes back to a console login - which works.

Any ideas?

FAS