Re: php-mbstring-4.3.8-2.1

I found out what up2date was doing when checking for dependencies.
After downloading the headers for the packages my system needs, I would
select the packages I want to update and click forward.  While up2date
is in the checking dependencies step it is downloading header files for
every package in existance.  It is acting like it wants to download all
the package header files for the complete Fedora distribution.  There
are even header files of packages I've never heard of.  Do you know of
anyone else having this type of problem?

When I try yum it wil get stuck on a header file download.  It is never
the same file.  Most of the time though it is on a kernel header.  It
also thinks I should have an smp kernel when I don't have smp on my
system, I have an AMD Athlon XP 2500+.