Re: OT: Has anyone tried Yoper

On Fri, 20 Aug 2004 18:32:01 -0400, "David Cary Hart"
<Fedora@xxxxxxxxxxx> said:
> It "sounds" like a great idea. But, as I have learned the hard way,
> ingenuity and execution can be miles apart.
> --

I tried the current release. No go. The first Linux distro I've tried in
years that wouldn't even boot.

I run an Nvidia card and it failed to detect and install Nvidia's
driver, contrary to its PR.  It includes almost every packaging tool
that exists, with no apparent effort made to keep them all in synch.

Not that I'm all that happy with FC2.  I spent hours today installing
and updating FC2 after deciding to spend sometime learning Mono. My
impressions are the same as when I used FC1:  Great distribution,
invisible documentation, up2date is still broken, and the mirrors vary
from bog slow at best to unresponsive.