Re: eth0 problem

Well the [failed] message goes away when I unchecked the option to start at boot time, but it still won't work. When I hit activate in Network Configuration, a box pops up with a red X and says "Cannot activate network device eth0!" then under that it says "interface 'eth0' not found xirc2ps_cs device eth0 does not seem to be present, delaying initialization." <= same message I was getting on bootup.
-Buddy

At 03:27 PM 8/20/2004, you wrote:
On Fri, 2004-08-20 at 15:11, Buddy Hummler wrote:
> Hello, I'm in need of some assistance.
>
> I have a Dell Inspiron 3800 that I just installed Fedora Core 2 on
> (downloaded from Fedora's website). I'm trying to get online, but have been
> unsuccessful. When the computer is starting up it says "xirc2ps_cs device
> eth0 does not seem to be present, delaying initialization. [failed]" My
> network is configured correctly, but I'm not getting any sign that my
> network card is working. I had Fedora Core 1 installed before and it said
> the same thing about the device not being present and that it failed, but I
> was still able to get online - however, I ran into much difficulty when
> trying to download updates from RHN.
>
> Does anyone know how to resolve this problem? Or can someone point me in
> the right direction?

pcmcia network card?

Under the network configuration uncheck the option to start at boot
time.

When the pcmcia services are started the network card will be started
anyway.  <insert standard rant here about this BUG>

Also after you get on the network configure yum for a mirror.  If you
try and use the standard redhat servers you will find they are over
loaded.  Also I have found yum to be much faster than up2date.

--
Scot L. Harris
webid@xxxxxxxxxx

Hurricane Charley survivor