Re: Help with serial

On Mon, Aug 16, 2004 at 05:46:36PM -0400, Robinson, Josh D wrote:

> 	I am setting up a program that uses posix serial
> communication. I have ported this project from MAC OS X and
> everything seems to be fine except incoming data. It seems the
> "/dev/ttyS0" does not behave like it should ( I can't read any data
> from it). The problem is that any calls to "/dev/ttyd0" don't
> work. Is there something I have to do to get "/dev/ttyd0" to work??

Also make sure there is no other process (like getty, ppp, serial
modem, fax) on it.  Look with lsof or fuser....

Since a  common use of the serial port is a modem the permissions
and owner may be wrong.  Double check.

As Kevin noted also check the tty modes, baud rate, cooked, raw, etc.

--
	T o m  M i t c h e l l
	Just say no to 74LS73 in 2004